This is an excellent white sandwich bread recipe from IG friend @jtn_star. If I can make it, so can you, because I’m new at making sandwich bread. The only change I made was using water from boiling purple potatoes. Isn’t that lavender colour so beautiful?! Just eating it made me felt softer, better😀😀I ate it with butter and two jams: rose and strawberry. I don’t need to tell you how great it tasted!
Note: for those who don’t know Baker’s percentages, I’ve given the ingredients amount for a large loaf pan size of 13”long x5.5”width x5”high. Bake for a total of 40 min for this size.
Basic White Sandwich Loaf
100% bread flour /600g
2% milk powder /12g
7% sugar /42g
0.8% instant yeast /5g
2% salt /12g
25% ice water /120g
50% cold milk /150g
5% unsalted butter /30g
1. Mix the flour, milk powder, sugar, milk and ice water. Cover and autolyse in the fridge for 30 min.
2. Add yeast, mixer-knead for 4 min. Add salt, mixer-knead for 5 min. Add butter, mixer-knead 5 min., check windowpane. Desired dough temp is 26°C.
3. Proof 1 to 1.25 hours. Take dough out, do a light fold. Put back into a greased bowl and proof 30 min.
4. Divide dough. Bench rest 30 min. Roll out into a rectangle. Fold left to the middle, then right over. Rest 10 min, lightly roll out and Swiss roll it. Seal end. Put into a loaf pan and proof at 32°C for an hour. Do the poke test.
5. Bake on lowest rack at 185°C 17 min, then 175°C 18 min. Adjust heat according to your oven.
#sandwichloaf #sandwichbread #softbread #purplesweetpotato #lavendercolouredbread #stayhome #dudukrumah #stayhomeandbake #kinabalubaker #kotakinabalu #sabah #borneo #chompmom